The Healthy Michigan Plan offered through Priority Health
The Healthy Michigan plan allows more people to have access to health care. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires most Americans to have health insurance or pay a penalty. If you can't pay for health insurance on your own, the Healthy Michigan Plan is an option that can lower the cost. You'll get the same type of health care coverage that you may have gotten through an employer or paid for on your own in the past. And if you haven't had health insurance before, the Healthy Michigan Plan is a way to get it.
Priority Health Choice, Inc., is one of the health plans that offer the Healthy Michigan Plan in Michigan. If you choose our plan, you'll get benefits that include:
- Access to a large network of doctors
- Preventive care and tools to stay healthy
- Coverage from the #1 plan in Michigan1
- Help with rides to and from doctor visits
- Help managing problems with your health
See a map of the counties where you can choose Priority Health for your Healthy Michigan Plan. Go to the Priority Health service area map.
Who is eligible?
According to the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) website, to be eligible to get the Healthy Michigan Plan, you must be:
- Age 19 to 64
- At or below 133% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), which is about $15,000 a year for a single person or $34,000 for a family of four
- A resident of Michigan
- Not currently eligible for Medicaid
- Not eligible for or enrolled in Medicare
- Not pregnant when applying for the plan
Enroll in the Healthy Michigan Plan through Priority Health
First, go to the MIBridges website or your local Department of Human Services office and they'll help you make sure you are eligible for the Healthy Michigan Plan.
Then, call MI Enrolls toll-free at 888.367.6557. Ask to get your Healthy Michigan Plan health coverage from Priority Health.
What does the Healthy Michigan Plan cover?
- Doctor visits
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services
- Mental health services
- Habilitative services (that help a person keep, learn or improve skills and functioning for daily living)
- Dental care
When you're a member of the Healthy Michigan Plan through Priority Health, your ID card will say "Priority Health Choice HMI." Learn about how to get care once you're a member of this plan.